The Huntington Art Collections Online Catalog
The Art Collections online catalog provides information on thousands of paintings, drawings, prints, sculpture, and other works of art in the Huntington's collections. It currently represents one-third of The Huntington's art holdings. The collections focus on European art from the 15th to the early 20th century and American art form the late 17th to the mid-20th century. Some of the works are on view at The Huntington, including Thomas Gainsborough's The Blue Boy, Mary Cassatt's Breakfast in Bed, and Edward Hopper's The Long Leg. The Art Collections Online Catalog does not represent our entire holdings and collections, and not all objects found in the catalog are one view. For manuscripts, rare books, photographs, historical prints, and ephemera, please visit the Huntington Library Online Catalog.
Use the "Quick Search" box to the left to search for specific artworks and artists. The "Collections" section includes overviews of specific holdings grouped by category or subject. In the "Search" section, you may delimit "Advanced" searches by objects (artworks) and people (artists and creators). You can also browse by "People".
Become a Registered User
Registering allows you to create personal collections to save and share with other registered users. Click Sign On if you wish to become a registered user of the Art Collections Online Catalog, or to log in.
- The "Quick Search" box searches across multiple fields of a record. Click on the "?" to see the list of fields.
- Multiple word searches are individual queries; Thomas Gainsborough will bring up records with Thomas or Gainsborough in selected fields.
- Use ? as single character wildcard, i.e. wom?n for results on woman and women.
- Use an asterisk - * - as multiple characters wildcard, i.e. draw* will call up results for draw, drawn, drawer, drawings, etc.
- Use quotations for exact search queries to find a phrase, a proper name, or words in a specific order, i.e. "Thomas Gainsborough", "French Impressionists", "the blue boy".
Please report any issues to maguilar[at]huntington(dot)org.
Copyright © 2015 The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens. All rights reserved.
1151 Oxford Road, San Marino, CA 91108 || 626.405.2100